PJS Group is seeking an Assistant Procurement Specialist – Electricalto join our innovative team of professionals. We are a general and electrical construction contractor specializing in transportation infrastructure systems as well as heavy-highway, utility, bridge, and building construction. To learn more about us, please visit www.ipjs.com.
- Understanding the procurement/buying process and job costing
- Preparing detailed RFQs as well as managing the RFQ’s evaluation/analysis, bid leveling, and vendor compliance for multi-million-dollar projects
- Reading and understanding specifications and plan drawings to develop accurate take offs
- Soliciting, evaluating, and negotiating sub-contractor and supplier quotes
- Processing PO’s/Sub-Contracts and supporting field operations with timely material supply
- Coordinating, managing, and negotiating supply chain for commodity procurement activities
- Performing vendor due diligence and vendor management
- High School diploma or completion of 2-year vocational school. B.S. in Construction Management a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in buying/expediting electrical products. Related Project Management experience which include procurement is acceptable.
- Understanding of electrical products and applications in the construction public sector NYC as well as knowledge of proposals, procurement, and vendor inspection
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Motivation with the ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Performance Based Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and PTO Days
- 401k with company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
Please send resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org